-->

Monday, December 30, 2019

5 Books I Want to Read Before 2019 Ends | Book Blogger | India

Hello readers' fam! 


5 Books I Want to Read Before 2019 Ends



5 Books I Want to Read Before 2019 Ends | Book Blogger | India | 2019 Wrap Up | Dhiraj Sindhi
Last TBR of 2019

I am back with another End Of Year Content. And this time its 'Books I Want to Read Before 2019 Ends'. But there is a very narrow chance that I would be able to finish them all or even half of them. Therefore we'll just chat about my last TBR. So let's get into it.

Follow this blog for more such content! 👉

Follow me on Instagram for regular updates: @binge_bawse_
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DhirajWriting

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


Pride and Prejudice has consistently appeared near the top of lists of "most-loved books" among literary scholars and the reading public. It has become one of the most popular novels in English literature with over 20 million copies sold, and has inspired many derivatives that abound in modern literature. ━ Obviously taken from Wikipedia.

I wanted to read this book for very long and I started reading it in the first week of December. I bought this Penguin Classics 1985 Edition from Ahmedabad National Book Fair 2019 because I love vintage editions. I also found Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone (maybe) First Edition, if not definitely the 1997 Edition. Well, we're drifting off the topic here. Okay so first I had to get through 45 pages of the 'Introduction by Toy Tanner'. It was really great to know what this book is about and knowing that there is plenty of research done on this book and Jane Austen, books were written on Jane Austen and other works like essays, retellings, etc. Why this is a very significant piece of literature and similar. It was just mind-blowing and a first step towards reading the classic writing style of Jane Austen. I am still on page no. 108, Chapter 13, inconsistency struck hard. I just hope to finish it but also don't want to rush this because I want to understand it completely.

Buy Pride and Prejudice from Flipkart (Because the sale is ON and this penguin classics edition is available only on Flipkart): HERE

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling


Here we go again   The book was published in the United Kingdom by Bloomsbury and in the United States by Scholastic. In both countries, the release date was 8 July 2000. This was the first time a book in the series was published in both countries at the same time.

First, I want to confess that I haven't read the whole series yet. My Harry Potter obsession first got me to read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I so wanted to know what is happening in the Wizarding World right now! To be honest, I loved it at first, I'm sorry but I did. I re-read it and still sort of liked it. Nevermind. I should have read the first book first but I failed there. I could never read ebooks of Harry Potter, it kills the joy. I finished the third book in May 2018. Then finally I got to buy The Goblet of Fire and The Order of the Pheonix recently in a Flipkart sale. Two chapters in and I'm not yet out of The Riddle House. I need to read. More.

Buy The Goblet of Fire from Flipkart (Because they have amazing deals during sales): HERE

3. The Fragile Thread of Hope by Pankaj Giri


Finalist of the Amazon Pen To Publish Contest 2017.  A moving, inspirational fiction about love, loss, and finding hope in the darkest of times.   Now, this is from Goodreads.

I was to review the kindle version of this book but then I came to know that it is being published in the paperback version by Fingerprint Publications. So I was waiting for it to be launched and finally, it happened on 17th December. The cover reads "Well-sketched, sympathetic characters. A good read." - Chitra Divakaruni, The author of The Palace of Illusions. And that does enough to intrigue me. I don't know even a bit about this book and I haven't even read the blurb because I don't. I want this to be a great read. I hope so.

Buy The Fragile Thread of Hope from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2u5mbxx

4. The Veiled Universe: Cosmic Tales of Science Fiction by Rob Garnet


YOU. WILL. BELIEVE. That's what cover reads and I really did. I just finished this book yesterday and it is crazy and freaking Science-Fiction that I always wanted to read. So, it consists of 11 cosmic tales of science-fiction. I was surprised and shocked after reading each of the tales. I found it pretty brilliant, the ideas and theories of the author (who has two decades of experience in the field of science) about the universe. I often wonder about the universe and the meaning of our existence and the planets and galaxies and stars. It interests me a lot and this book just fed my curiosity no end. I'll be posting a detailed review soon so stay tuned.

Buy The Veiled Universe from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2SBSzBZ

5. AZRAR and the tale of the curse by AKR (AKA Ayush Kumar Rajput)


Among these all the books, first I started reading this book by AKR. I won this copy in a giveaway contest. It's been months I started reading this book but couldn't finish because of my already swollen TBR pile. My favorite genre is fantasy and recently I've kind of started loving non-fictions. I like the story of this fantasy book, there are very few writers in India who write such fantasy themes, sort of epic. I want to finish this book in this year only. God Bless Me.

Buy AZRAR from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2tc33NU

Thank you guys for reading!! I hope you liked this Best Books 2019 Series on my blog. If you have read any of these books then share your views in comments. Let me know how was your 2019 reading year. See you guys soon!


FIN

If you have survived through this, please give it a chance! Holly crap. I wrote a book! (Sorry Superwoman for stealing the line.)

Winged Sisters by Dhiraj Sindhi | Top 10 Best Books of 2019 | Fiction | India | Indian Book Blogger Dhiraj Sindhi
Buy on Amazon

(Click on above image to buy Winged Sisters)


Thank you so much for reading y'all. I hope you enjoyed and got some recommendations.

Comment below if you have read any of this and tell me your views on it.


Till then stay connected. Follow me on InstagramFacebookTwitter and Pinterest. Don't forget to subscribe for more content.

2 comments:

  1. Really useful information. Thank you so much for sharing

    How To Get Fair Skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 2002, based on need, Bookworm moved into larger warehouses in Manassas, VA. From that time to now, the scope of work continues to expand to assist stakeholders in building and delivering customized literacy programs, providing an updated online shopping platform, operating as a bulk order fulfillment and distribution facility, exploring and developing technologies that support like-minded collaborators, and offering special services such as training's, workshops, collection and content development for literacy supporters.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Mihir Vatsa's Tales of Hazaribagh — An Authentic Portrayal of Being a True Wanderlust

      "In Tales of Hazaribagh, Mihir Provides an Authentic Portrayal of Being a True Wanderlust" Book Review by Dhiraj Sindhi Tale...

Popular Posts