-->

Monday, May 27, 2019

Author Interview: Sadashiv Pradhan, Author of 23:59:59 | Dhiraj Sindhi (Part-1)

Author Interview

Sadashiv Pradhan

Author of Amazon Bestseller '23:59:59'

Sharing His Invaluable Experiences With Us!


Hey readers' fam, we are back with another, yet precious blog post. So, without wasting further time, welcome to the author interview with Sadashiv Pradhan, the author of Amazon Bestseller '23:59:59 The Journey of survival in the B-Schools of India'. I have reviewed the book in the previous post, check it here, if you haven't yet.

FOR MORE SUCH CONTENT, FOLLOW MY BLOG (Click the button here somewhere👉)

First, let me introduce y'all to Sadashiv.

Sadashiv Pradhan has completed his MBA from XLRI, Jamshedpur. He is currently working in Star India Pvt. Ltd. He is a passionate writer and prolific storyteller. He started writing 23:59:59 when he was in XLRI, where he believed that there is a story to be told- the story behind the curtains of otherwise glamorous B-school culture, which every graduate goes through but hardly anyone speaks about. The story of survival in the B-schools of India.

Follow him on Instagram: @storytellersada
Twitter Handle: @storytellersada

Order your copy of 23:59:59 here: https://amzn.to/2WuH6GE

Sadashiv Pradhan, Author of Amazon Bestseller 23:59:59
Sadashiv Pradhan, Author of Amazon Bestseller 23:59:59

"If you want something then have the courage to do anything in your power to earn it. There is no right or wrong in this world! Grab it before someone else snatches it from you"

Now, we will get to know more about Sadashiv and how he managed to write and published his debut novel. And also we will discuss career and passion. Which, I think, will be helpful to all readers, students, parents and budding authors. I hope this interview will be resourceful to writers and readers.

Q: Who is your favorite author and why do you adore him/her?

A: It has to be Agatha Christie! I always had a fascination towards crime – mystery genre. The most difficult part as an author is to keep a reader enticing till the very last word, especially in the mystery genre.

Q:  What was the inception point of 23:59:59?

A: The moment I walked inside the gate of XLRI, I knew there is a story to be told! A life that we expect while aspiring to be a part of elite B-schools is completely different from the one we get to experience. The euphoria of getting admission dies down or rather reality hits within a week, and you realize that beating two lac candidates in a rat race was the easiest part and the worst possible rat race of your life has just begun! Throughout my XL journey, I met various ‘characters’, followed their journeys, and started penning down those stories which eventually turned into 23:59:59!

Q: How long was the procedure, writing 23:59:59? How was the entire experience?

A: It took me 3 years to complete 23:59:59. I started writing it when I was a student at XLRI. Post XLRI, I got a job in Star India. Taking time out to write a novel while working a full-time job that too in travel-intense sales job was the most difficult part of the process. However, in a weird way it was peaceful, during my loneliest and most hectic days of work in a small town of Latur where I spent a year as an area sales manager, writing 23:59:59 gave a purpose!

Q: Which was the most difficult part of the writing process, in the entire course from drafting to publishing 23:59:59?

A: Selling! Hahaha! Honestly, getting a word out and convince people to buy your work is the most difficult part of the process. Being the first time author, I was inexperienced about the industry and unknown of the nitty-gritty of the sales and marketing part of the book publishing process. I must admit, I have committed many mistakes along the way, starting from printing an incorrect version of the book (that’s why you will see few grammatical errors in the book) but it has been a wonderful learning experience, and hopefully 23:59:59 will achieve greater success in days to come.


Q: What was your best XLRI experience ever?

A: Graduation Day! To be honest with you, academically, I wasn’t the best student at XLRI, I wasn’t even in the top half of the batch. For me, the entire XLRI journey was the journey of survival – day in day out! At top B-schools of India, we have daily competition, quizzes, & assignments – that rat race became even more intense, and sometimes, it did get excruciatingly taxing. But the moment I saw happiness and pride in the eyes of my parents on the graduation day, I knew, it was all worth it! My parents worked extremely hard to give me a wonderful life, my graduation was the reward of all their hard work, hence, yes, XLRI graduation day was the best day of my life.


Thank you so much, Sadashiv for being with us and for narrating us your writing journey and sharing your experiences.

There are few more questions to come in the Part-2 of this interview with Sadashiv Pradhan. So, stay tuned.

Follow me on InstagramFacebookTwitter and Pinterest. Don't forget to subscribe. Don't forget to subscribe for more content. Thank you so much for reading!

Will catch you all in the next part!

13 comments:

  1. So your first successful small step you achieved ��, great to see you growing ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up aage badhte raho chote ke aashirvaad tumhare sath h

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an insight. Looking forward for the part-2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vudari, do give 23:59:59 a read, would love to know your thoughts on the book as well :)
      - Sadashiv

      Delete
  4. He seems wise and I'd give it hit to his book, thank you for the interview

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. Do let me know your review once you read 23:59:59 :)

      Delete

Featured Post

Mihir Vatsa's Tales of Hazaribagh — An Authentic Portrayal of Being a True Wanderlust

      "In Tales of Hazaribagh, Mihir Provides an Authentic Portrayal of Being a True Wanderlust" Book Review by Dhiraj Sindhi Tale...

Popular Posts